Friday, June 4, 2010

Hudson's 6 Month Appointment

Poor little boy was just tortured today at his appointment. It was absolutely pitiful. We were there for an hour and a half and I was so thankful to leave with my screaming baby. :) First of all, he is doing great! He weighs 18 lbs 7 oz (75th%), length 28 inches (90th %), and his head was in the 50th percentile at 43.5 centimeters (I think cm). I think he's going to be tall like his daddy! So different from Emma who was never on the charts. :) My petite little beauty. Anyways, he is meeting all of the milestones for a 6 month old so that was great. Then came the fun part. A few months ago I had mentioned something to Dr. D about hair growth in the private areas. At the time she said not to worry about it but the hair is growing and stuff so she wanted to take blood and check out his testoterone levels, androgens, and something else. She said they could be normal but we need to make sure. So I was thinking they would do just a little finger or foot prick...oh no, it was a full on blood draw from the arm. :( I hate seeing my babies have their blood drawn. Mrs. Tara is the sweet nurse that always does it and she feels so bad. Emma held on to Hudson with me like a great big sister and of course he screamed forever. Then she had to put a big band aid on him which was soaked with blood so she had to rip it off and put another one. I think he cried more when she switched band aids! He finally calmed down and was ready to fall asleep when Michelle came in with 3 shots and the rotavirus liquid. Whew, what a day! Absolutely pitiful and I feel so bad for him. He cried all the way to the car and as soon as I strapped him in he was sound asleep. Emma was such a doll with him and after the last shots I bent down and kissed him and so did Emma. Love that little girl!

Isn't he sweet? Michelle was measuring his head. Have I mentioned how much we love Michelle?? She is the sweetest nurse ever!


I love it when he holds his arms out for me!


He really does weigh 18 lbs 7 oz! Emma weighed this at her 1 year!



Earlier today Emma and I were playing her Princess game. Hudson was dying to play with us so who am I to say no? :)


Nice! He makes a gorgeous little girl.


He's going to kill me one day!


I'm so ready for the weekend. Tomorrow one of my friends from college is getting married so we are driving to TN for the wedding. I hope the kids behave themselves during the ceremony. Oh and the blood results will be back sometime later next week. Hopefully they will be normal. Off to put the kids to bed!

No comments: